Cannot connect Selocity to Webtestit

When I try to connect Selocity to Webtestit I see the “Connecting” message but it ultimately fails. I restarted my laptop and uninstalled and re-installed the Selocity plugin from the Chrome store. I’m running windows 10 Pro, version 1809, OS build 17763.740. Here is the information from the send feedback panel:
{
“detectedBrowsers”: [
{
“name”: “ie”,
“version”: “11.0.17763.592”,
“type”: “ie”,
“command”: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”
},
{
“name”: “ie”,
“version”: “11.0.17763.592”,
“type”: “ie”,
“command”: “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”
},
{
“name”: “chrome”,
“version”: “77.0.3865.120”,
“type”: “chrome”,
“command”: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe”
},
{
“name”: “firefox”,
“version”: “69.0.1.7199”,
“type”: “firefox”,
“command”: “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”
},
{
“command”: “”,
“name”: “edge”,
“type”: “edge”,
“version”: “17763”
}
],
“endpoints”: [
{
“browserName”: “chrome”,
“headless”: false,
“id”: “f7186be8-61ba-5048-2ae6-bfe9fa5f6e1f”,
“name”: “Local”,
“type”: “local”
}
],
“framework”: “Selenium”,
“language”: “java”,
“location”: “C:\Users\jim.martinelli\OneDrive - FairWarning\Documents\fwregression”,
“projectName”: “fwregression”
}

I have my Chrome debug log from the point where I clicked to connect it but cannot upload a txt file. If you give me an email address I can send it to you.
I did not include the file contents in this post as it is 3880 lines.

Release notes v1.9.1
Release notes v1.9.0

Hello @jmsc7ran!
You can send the log to [email protected]
Most likely the reason that Ranorex Selocity fails to connect is due the port 3000 not being available at the moment. You can try to check if anything is blocking the port (some 3rd party software, for example grafana-server could do so or similar.) the following command: netstat -ano | findstr :3000 and see if there are some processes using it and try to kill them by using the process id (PID). If you are a Linux or a macOS user the command would be lsof -i :3000 . Start Ranorex Webtestit afterward and get the latest Ranorex Selocity extension and please try to connect again.

Yes, that was it. I was able to find the PID that was listening on port 3000 and terminated it. After that Selocity connected immediately. Thank you for a quick and thorough explanation to the problem.

closed #6