During Init of web driver-- Chrome not reachable


#1

Hello:
We have started adding Chrome support to our tests. I have started getting these errors during the Jenkins run of one of our solutions. Please note-- it only happens after a few (3-5) successful tests. Also it doesn’t happen at all on some solutions.

[<testcase time="69.122" name="initWebDriver" classname="uitest.tests.lcl2020oracle.ProjectSummaryv20Orcl(Autoserv3chrome)">](file:///C:/jenkins/workspace/test-report-2020-04-20-13-03-54.xml#)<failure type="org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException" message="chrome not reachable Build info: version: '3.141.59', revision: 'e82be7d358', time: '2018-11-14T08:25:53' System info: host: 'RONAN', ip: '172.31.45.110', os.name: 'Windows 10', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '10.0', java.version: '1.8.0_241' Driver info: driver.version: unknown remote stacktrace: Backtrace: Ordinal0 [0x01245F73+2449267] Ordinal0 [0x01178361+1606497] Ordinal0 [0x0106F812+522258] Ordinal0 [0x010694EA+496874] Ordinal0 [0x01000196+65942] Ordinal0 [0x00FFCD92+52626] Ordinal0 [0x0101C127+180519] Ordinal0 [0x0101BF2D+180013] Ordinal0 [0x01019E5B+171611] Ordinal0 [0x01001DD8+73176] Ordinal0 [0x01002E50+77392] Ordinal0 [0x01002DE9+77289] Ordinal0 [0x0118D8D7+1693911] GetHandleVerifier [0x012E4036+522726] GetHandleVerifier [0x012E3D74+522020] GetHandleVerifier [0x012F9187+609079] GetHandleVerifier [0x012E48A6+524886] Ordinal0 [0x01185CBC+1662140] Ordinal0 [0x0118F23B+1700411] Ordinal0 [0x0118F3A3+1700771] Ordinal0 [0x011A5215+1790485] BaseThreadInitThunk [0x75DF6359+25] RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath [0x77647C14+228] RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath [0x77647BE4+180] Command duration or timeout: 60.85 seconds">org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: chrome not reachable Build info: version: '3.141.59', revision: 'e82be7d358', time: '2018-11-14T08:25:53' System info: host: 'RONAN', ip: '172.31.45.110', os.name: 'Windows 10', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '10.0', java.version: '1.8.0_241' Driver info: driver.version: unknown remote stacktrace: Backtrace: Ordinal0 [0x01245F73+2449267] Ordinal0 [0x01178361+1606497] Ordinal0 [0x0106F812+522258] Ordinal0 [0x010694EA+496874] Ordinal0 [0x01000196+65942] Ordinal0 [0x00FFCD92+52626] Ordinal0 [0x0101C127+180519] Ordinal0 [0x0101BF2D+180013] Ordinal0 [0x01019E5B+171611] Ordinal0 [0x01001DD8+73176] Ordinal0 [0x01002E50+77392] Ordinal0 [0x01002DE9+77289] Ordinal0 [0x0118D8D7+1693911] GetHandleVerifier [0x012E4036+522726] GetHandleVerifier [0x012E3D74+522020] GetHandleVerifier [0x012F9187+609079] GetHandleVerifier [0x012E48A6+524886] Ordinal0 [0x01185CBC+1662140] Ordinal0 [0x0118F23B+1700411] Ordinal0 [0x0118F3A3+1700771] Ordinal0 [0x011A5215+1790485] BaseThreadInitThunk [0x75DF6359+25] RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath [0x77647C14+228] RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath [0x77647BE4+180] Command duration or timeout: 60.85 seconds Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: chrome not reachable Build info: version: '3.141.59', revision: 'e82be7d358', time: '2018-11-14T08:25:53' System info: host: 'RONAN', ip: '172.31.45.110', os.name: 'Windows 10', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '10.0', java.version: '1.8.0_241' Driver info: driver.version: unknown remote stacktrace: Backtrace: Ordinal0 [0x01245F73+2449267] Ordinal0 [0x01178361+1606497] Ordinal0 [0x0106F812+522258] Ordinal0 [0x010694EA+496874] Ordinal0 [0x01000196+65942] Ordinal0 [0x00FFCD92+52626] Ordinal0 [0x0101C127+180519] Ordinal0 [0x0101BF2D+180013] Ordinal0 [0x01019E5B+171611] Ordinal0 [0x01001DD8+73176] Ordinal0 [0x01002E50+77392] Ordinal0 [0x01002DE9+77289] Ordinal0 [0x0118D8D7+1693911] GetHandleVerifier [0x012E4036+522726] GetHandleVerifier [0x012E3D74+522020] GetHandleVerifier [0x012F9187+609079] GetHandleVerifier [0x012E48A6+524886] Ordinal0 [0x01185CBC+1662140] Ordinal0 [0x0118F23B+1700411] Ordinal0 [0x0118F3A3+1700771] Ordinal0 [0x011A5215+1790485] BaseThreadInitThunk [0x75DF6359+25] RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath [0x77647C14+228] RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath [0x77647BE4+180] Build info: version: '3.11.0', revision: 'e59cfb3', time: '2018-03-11T20:26:55.152Z' System info: host: 'AUTOSERV4', ip: '172.31.30.249', os.name: 'Windows Server 2016', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '10.0', java.version: '14' Driver info: driver.version: unknown </failure></testcase>


#2

Those type of issues can indicate a few things. The randomness of your issue though indicates it must be something related to not being able to start Chrome in time. You’d have to try to get a look at the CPU/RAM usage on the build machine while this happens. Perhaps too much is going on so that randomly the Chrome Process just hangs when trying to start.

Also make sure there are no left-over processes of e.g previous Chrome runs, which happily will eat your precious RAM while doing nothing useful :slight_smile: