Error after the deleting the reports/screenshot folder shall be informative enough to fix the issue

bug-report

Reporting against version 1.1.0

Error message on failed test in test report after deleting the reports/screenshot folder shall be informative enough to fix the issue

Steps to reproduce

1. Delete report/screenshot folder
  2. Update a tests case for assert failure
  3. Run the test
  4. Check the error in the test report

1. It would be better if the missing folder is created by WT
  2. It would be better if user is warned/informed when required folders/files are deleted

Hello @janesh,

The error message you have highlighted in the bottom of your screenshot is unrelated to the screenshots folder: this message is displayed, when you have removed/renamed the test case within the test file. Your feedback correctly highlights though, that this error message is way too cryptic and can be misunderstood easily, and so we will improve it for the next release.

As for the screenshots issue:
It could be helpful indeed, if certain important folders display a special warning message to the user, when they try to delete them. Beside this screenshots folder, can you think of any other folders that would benefit from such a warning?

About the “broken image” in the report:
You will be happy to learn, that we already have a refinement item in our backlog, which includes displaying a helpful error message instead of the ugly “broken image”, in case a screenshot can not be found.

`

Beside this screenshots folder, can you think of any other folders that would benefit from such a warning?

pageobjects and tests folders should not be allowed to be renamed as we noted issues in working with Selocity after renaming the folders.
`

Good point! While you can rename these folders, if you know what you’re doing (you’ll have to update your project settings, to point Webtestit to the new paths), this should be pointed out to the user when they try to rename them.

I noted a tester renaming the folder to work with multiple projects. I trust Webtestit support one project at a time.

Tester is from Eclipse IDE background and wanted to work on multiple projects at the same time.

I trust this information is useful.

Thank you for this insight. Indeed, Webtestit only supports one project at a time.