Error is displayed when a JIRA issue is created from a failed test case

Reporting against Webtestit version 1.1.0

Error message is displayed when a JIRA issue is created from a failed test case in test report.

It is noted that the content in the JSON file was valid

{
“defaultTestName”: “NewTest”,
“jiraCredentials”: {
“host”: “webtestit.atlassian.net”,
“issueType”: “Task”,
“password”: “[email protected]”,
“projectKey”: “Webtestit”,
“protocol”: “https”,
“statusCompletedName”: “Done”,
“statusToDoName”: “To Do”,
“strictSSL”: true,
“username”: "[email protected]"
},
“pageObjectFolder”: “src/test/java/uitest/pageobjects”,
“projectName”: “java-demoshop”,
“rootPackage”: “uitest”,
“targetFramework”: “Selenium”,
“targetLanguage”: “java”,
“testFolder”: “src/test/java/uitest/tests”,
“testrailCredentials”: {
“host”: “”,
“password”: “”,
“user”: “”
},
“version”: “1.1.0”
}

Also it would be better if user is directed to the preference panel for the correction as I did not touch the webtestit.json file. All the configurations were done through the preference --> Jira Configuration window.

Hi @janesh!
We will take a closer look at this. Have you been able to establish a connection to your Jira account using the preferences menu dialog?

Hello @janesh!
We have looked into this issue you are facing. For the Jira cloud version, there were some changes and instead of a account password, an API token is required to establish a connection. So please create a token under the manage profile/security section in your Jira account.

enter your created token in the password field of Ranorex Webtestit’s Jira integration form and you should be able to establish a connection and create issues from failed test cases.
Additionally, the Getting started with Jira article will be updated with this information about cloud-based Jira accounts.
Kind regards

Hi @smatijas
Thanks for looking at this in detail. Jira connection was not established. i.e. Test Connection was failed.

Bug is related to the usability of the error. User sets the connection details via preference menu and there is no room for making mistakes in the JSON file.

HI @smatijas
I created a token and pasted into the password field.
Connection was not established yet.

Following credentials were used
“jiraCredentials”: {
“host”: “webtestit1.atlassian.net”,
“issueType”: “Bug”,
“password”: “ohPNlaIFLO3BP3Lj3hKp6B20”,
“projectKey”: “Webtestit”,
“protocol”: “https”,
“statusCompletedName”: “Done”,
“statusToDoName”: “IN PROGRESS”,
“strictSSL”: true,
“username”: "[email protected]ragmatictesters.com"
}

connection was not established

@janesh I think you got it all right except the project key. The project key in most cases consists of few letters of the actual project name capitalized. In your case (for the first Jira account you used - webtestit.atlassian.net ) the project key is WEB and with the API token created, the connection should work.

Also it would be better if the user is directed to the preference panel for the correction as I did not touch the webtestit.json file. All the configurations were done through the preference --> Jira Configuration window.

Concerning your other request, we will have an internal discussion about the info dialog. Also, more improvements for the preferences dialog are on the way, so stay tuned.

One more thing, as this is a public discourse forum, so every visitor, even the ones that do not have an account, can see the posts. So leaving your account infos like login e-mail and password could be risky :wink:
You can always send us the sensitive info via private message.
Best,
Sasa

Hi @smatijas
Thanks for the details and the instructions.
JIRA account details are from a test account and does not contain any sensitive information. But it is a good idea to share the information directly.
Appreciate your help on this.

Hi @smatijas
Jira connection was established with the project key WEB. Thanks and really appreciated.