Error running my first data-driven test

I took the sample data-driven test, copied it into my project (“wavepoint”) and modified it for my particular login tests. When I went to run it, I encountered a build failure that I didn’t see on the sample test itself. Here’s the output

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.21.0:test (default-test) on project wavepoint: No tests were executed! (Set -DfailIfNoTests=false to ignore this error.) -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]

[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.

[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

[ERROR]

[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:

[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

I looked in C:\Users\myUser\Documents\wavepoint\target\surefire-reports and the only file there was TEST-Firefox, which showed:

Process exited with Error

I ran the test on Chrome, too, with the exact same results. I have other non-data-driven tests that execute fine. Well, they have their own errors, but they at least get past the login page. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks!

Hello @ohrnsk!
It’s not so easy to figure out what went wrong with your project based on this error message that you provided. I would need some more information on what you did. Best way to get to the bottom of this is to zip the project and send it to me on [email protected] if that is possible?
Thank you for the feedback!

Hi, this task obviously got put on the back burner for me, but I’m now returning to it. And I’m able to run a data-driven test. I started by copying the example files into my project and making sure that would run successfully. Then I edited those files to use my data, page objects, etc, and I’ve gotten it to work.

Hi @ohrnsk,

we are glad that you got it to work!

Best regards.

closed #5