Webtestit 1.10.00 - first day of trial - alerts from Malwarebytes

Subj
well, being naive and intuitive testing practitioner, of course I do not read Help and Docs…
also Product reported some “permission” to access files

“finally”, Product cannot restart/open my first project (unhandled exception)
Windows 7 env.

Hello @dimaz
Yes, Ranorex Webtestit needs to have write privileges to your filesystem to create projects. Also in order to successfully do the license check, it needs to connect with the license server, and other external sources to download the required dependencies.
It may be the case that your anti-virus software, firewall, or proxy server is blocking the application’s requests, could you please check that? If you are behind a proxy, you can follow these instructions in order to set up Ranorex Webtestit behind a proxy.

Thanks… no, was able to create the project and do the save, and initiate the run.

Issue with anti-virus starts during installation, and every start - as it treats attempt to run “cmd.exe” as an “exploit” and blocks it.
(it runs the node-js script

I understand that it may be workaround somehow to while-list the application, and that is my point
– i have to trust he application, means - to know what it is really doing in the background on my PC.

the inability to re-open the existing project was auto-reported… it relates to some “map” reading

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘map’ of undefined
at Glob.glob (C:\Users\Nata\AppData\Local\Programs\webtestit\resources\app.asar\dist\backend\project\project.ts:225:25)
at Glob.f (C:\Users\Nata\AppData\Local\Programs\webtestit\resources\app.asar\node_modules\once\once.js:25:25)
at Glob.emit (events.js:182:13)
at Glob.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:442:20)
at Glob._readdirError (C:\Users\Nata\AppData\Local\Programs\webtestit\resources\app.asar\node_modules\glob\glob.js:610:14)
at C:\Users\Nata\AppData\Local\Programs\webtestit\resources\app.asar\node_modules\glob\glob.js:553:12
at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:169:20)

and that might be casued by the upgrade of the pip ?
I was surpized to discover that “kit” brings with self the RC1-candidate of the python 3.8.1.

That may be, but I have to try to replicate this first.
So, about the inability to re-open the existing project, was this a one-time issue, or is it still happening with your projects?
Thank you for your feedback!

after PC reboot the issue resolved…
likely malwarebytes added “installed” application to the white-list

Glad that it worked for you!
Kind regards.

closed #7